There’es nothing like a big warm, filling bowl of oats after a hard training session. Load it with all the trimmings and you have a well rounded, post training meal.
Loaded Oats & Chia Porridge
- Saucepan or thermomix
- stove top (or thermo)
- 1/2 CUP Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup Boiled Water adjust as needed
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt (I like Greek or coconut)
- 1 tbsp Mix of pepitas and sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Nuts of choice (I like almond flakes, pistachios and/or macadamias)
- 1/2 tbsp Flax meal
- 1/2 Banana (optional)
- Small handful of fresh or frozen berries (I like blue berries)
- Coconut flakes
- Peanut Butter
- Chopped Dark Chocolate (optional extra!) 😉
- Pop the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, milk and boiled water into a saucepan and let sit. I like to do this pre-session/in advance so it's ready to cook when I finish. You could also do the night before and pop into the fridge.
- When ready to cook, top up with a little extra water and/or milk and cook on low until it's smooth and creamy.
- Pour the oats into a bowl and then top with all the toppings. Add a little extra milk.
- Sit down and enjoy your warm bowl of goodness!