Healthy Citrus Slushie
This Slushie (or Slurpee) is the perfect post training hydration – or afternoon thirst quencher. Thirst quenching and delicious, full of natural electrolytes, anti-inflammatory and anti oxidants, sweet and sour all at the same time without an ounce of processed sugar. Whip up this after your next hot training day ! Oh and the kids will love these too!
- 1 Fresh Orange
- 1/2 Celery Stick
- 1 squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 slice Fresh Ginger
- 1 slice Fresh Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Himilayan Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Water OR tap water
- 1/2-1 Cup Ice Adjust based how how thick and icy you want it
- 1 tsp Rice Malt Syrup / Honey (optional) (if you want a little extra sweetness)
- This one is simple. Collect all your ingredients, (obviously peel you orange) and throw it all into a high power blender.
- Blitz until well mixed and to a slushie consistency. Adjust coconut water / water and/or ice to your consistency of choice.
- Poor into a big glass – there will be plenty to share! And enjoy