Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownie
A delicious (and nutritious) sweet treat. Perfect for pre training fuel or that mid arvo snack!
- microwave or stove top
- thermomix or other blender
- Baking Tin
- Baking Paper
- 120 grams Medjool dates
- 1-2 small-medium sweet potatoes (2-3cups when grated)
- 2 Eggs
- 100 grams Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder (you could substitute with Coco, but obs not as nutrient dense)
- 2 tbsp Flaxmeal and/or LSA
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 40 grams Coconut Flour
- dash Coconut milk (if needed)
- 1 handful Crushed Walnuts (optional topping)
- 1 handful Choc Chips (optional topping)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Throw your dates in blender of choice and chop until broken down, loosen from bottom of blender
- Peel and cut sweet potato into pieces
- Throw the sweet potato into blender and blend until resembles grated
- Add in eggs, vanilla, rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil and blend until combined
- Add remaining dry ingredients and blend until combined.
- The mixture will be thick and relatively dense. So don't worry. But if needed, add a dash of coconut milk.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and scoop the mixture in and pat down gently
- Top with crushed walnuts and choc chips (optional) You could do your own topping of choice, or none!
- Cook for approx 1-1.25hrs until cooked through.
- Take out of oven and let cook in baking tin. Then carefully transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut to your sizing of choice. Keep in fridge or freezer! And enjoy! 🙂