Beef and Soba Noodle Salad
This is a simple yet delicious throw together dinner recipe. Perfect for a warm summers evening or in the depths of winter. Basically this is a recipe that can be easily adapted to what you have in the fridge. Beef can also easily be substituted for any protein of choice including chicken or tofu. In fact any ingredient can be easily substituted, so is a great recipe to have on hand when you have 'nothing' - as long as you stock the basic pantry ingredients you will have a delicious meal on your plate in no time!
- ~100 grams Soba Noodles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce OR coconut aminos (or similar)
- 2 tbsp Mirin Seasoning OR apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil OR Olive Oil (for cooking beef/protein)
- 500 gram Diced or sliced beef OR protein of your choice
- 1 bulb crushed or finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups Or 1/2 bag of 'Kale Slaw' you could use any type of pre made slaw, or grate up your own. ie beetroot, carrots, cabbage, kale or a similar variety
- 1 handful Chopped Cos Lettuce or any lettuce is fine
- 2 Spring onions finely sliced
- 1 handful Sesame Seeds and Cashews to serve
Prepare soba noodles following packet directions. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Set aside.
Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce or (coconut aminos), and mirin (or apple cider vinegar) in a small jar, shake to mix and set aside.
Heat up a fry pan to medium > high heat and lightly toast cashews and sesame seeds. Set aside.
Heat coconut /olive oil in the same pan and place in garlic to fry off lightly. Toss in your beef (or protein of choice) and cook to nearly all the way through.
Once your beef / protein in nearly ready, place in your noodles and your sauce and stirfry lightly for 1-2min to coat the beef/protein and noodles.
Place the remainder of your ingredients (excluding cashews & sesame seeds) in a large bowl, add in the beef and noodles and toss gently together.
Divide amongst your serving bowls and sprinkle with cashews and sesame seeds. Sit down and enjoy! :)