Once yu make your own hommus, you will realise you have been wasting your money on store bought! Hommus is SO easy to make, and you can adjust flavours to your taste. Give it a go! A great staple condiment to have in the fridge to add to just about any dish or as traditionally eaten as a healthy and nutritious dip.
- blender/ food processor
- Jar to store
- 1 tin Canned organic chickpeas
- 1 Small garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 good squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp iced/cold water
- 1/2 tsp paprika (to serve)
- Blend lemon juice, garlic and salt and let sit for 5min to allow the garlic to mellow
- Add tahini and blend
- Slowly add cold water while blending
- Add cumin and chickpeas and blend
- While blending, slowly add olive oil
- Add more water if needed
- Taste and adjust flavour to taste. Ie more cumin, lemon juice, salt or cumin
- Transfer to a jar and add a lug of olive oil on top to keep it fresher for longer.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- Add a sprinkle of paprika on top when serving