Fool Proof Vegetable Fritters
Ever made fritters and they were a little soggy on the inside? Or packed full of flour that they taste more like bread than a fritter? Well I bring to you my fool proof vegetable fritters. These are simple to make. They can be made with any veggies you like / have on hand – but I share with my favourites. And they make the perfect meal paired with some roast tomatoes and avocado or a delicious snack on their own. So good to make when you have 'nothing' in the fridge – oh and they freeze well too! So basically you need these in your life! ha.
- 2 medium Zucchinis
- 1-2 medium Carrots
- 1/2 medium Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese or firm fetta can be left out if you prefer
- 1/2 cup Fresh herbs of choice
- 1 large handful Spinach
- 1-1/2 cup Spelt flour or flour of choice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil for cooking or oil of choice
Note: Any vegetable can be subbed for another vegetable of choice, such as cauliflower, broccoli, peas. Just keep the ratios the same.
- In a large bowl, grate zucchini first and squeeze out excess liquid
- Grate all other vegetables into the large bowl
- Add grated cheese if using. If using fetta, leave this out for now.
- Finely chop up spinach and herbs and add in also
- Gently stir all the veggies herbs and cheese together to mix them together.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and pepper to taste. Toss/stir to coat all the veggies. Start with 1 cup and add a bit extra if needed. All the vegetables should be coated so take the time to do this. This is important so you don't get soggy fritters.
- Lightly whisk two eggs and stir through the mixture.
- If you are adding fetta, lightly crumble and stir through gently
- You are now ready to cook! Turn on large fry pan to a medium heat. Add coconut oil to coat the pan and melt. When hot, scoop in spoonfuls of mixture and pop on a lid. Tip: this helps the inside of the fritters to cook. 🙂
- Once looking brown and crispy on one side, flip over the fritters and cook on the other side. I leave the lid of for this.
- Once cooked, scoop them out of the p pan and allow to cool on a wire rack. This helps keep them stay nice and crispy! Just cover with a paper towel if wanting to keep warm while others are cooking.
- For a meal, I like serving with a side of roasted mini tomatoes, lots of avocado, a fried egg or two and a side of sauerkraut. But anything goes! ENJOY !