Loaded Scrambled Eggs
Eggs – one of my all time favourite things to eat. They are so versatile, full of nutrients and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack! One of my favourite ways to enjoy eggs is as a loaded bowl mixed with plenty of veggies, either on its on, or on some delicious seed bread or sourdough toast. So as long as you have eggs in the fridge (should ALWAYS be a staple) then you can have a meal prepped in as little as 10min any tie or day of the week.
- 2-3 Eggs try and go organic, at a minimum, free range
- 1 handful Fresh Spinach
- 2 florets Both Cauliflower and broccoli or any other veg you have, no hard and fast rule
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos OR soy sauce this is for flavour
- 1/2 cup Bone Broth OR stock or water if you don't have either
- 1/4-1/2 Avocado as much / little as you like 😉
Optional Topping suggestions – All, or some, or none. You choose !
- 1/2 Spring Onion, chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, olive oil or butter for cooking
- Pre heat large fry pan to medium heat
- Pop in the frypan your broth/stock/water and let it come to boiling
- Chopped up broccoli / cauliflower (or which ever veg you have chosen) and toss into the frypan. Pop a lid on for faster cooking.
- The broth/stock/water so nearly disappear, take lip off if it's not and let evaporate if veggies are nearly cooked.
- Once veggies are cooked and liquid early all evaporated, shift the veggies to one side of the pan and pop in your oil of choice, the crack in your eggs onto of the oil.
- Stir the legs lightly so they start to 'scramble', and then once starting to cook, mixed through and around with the veggies.
- Add your spinach on top of the eggs and veg, and your coconut aminos/soy sauce and stir everything through. You can pop lid back on to quicken the cooking process and wilt the spinach more.
- Once eggs are cooked you are done! Throw it all into a bowl, top with avocado, and optional toppings of choice. A good sprinkle of S&P and sit down and enjoy!
- If you ant additional carbs to your meal, you can add in roasted veggies such as pumpkin and/or sweet potato, or some pre cooked rice/quinoa. OR serve on a slice of seed bread or sourdough toast. YUMMO !