A simple, fool proof recipe to make your own delicious chocolate. Refined sugar free!
Raw Chocolate Recipe
- Stove Top / microwave or thermomix
- Small Saucepan
- Medium Bowl
- 200 g Coconut Oil OR Cacao Butter (or you can do a combo of each)
- 30 g Raw Cacao
- 2-4 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup – adjust sweetness to your taste (you could also use honey / maple syrup)
- 1 pinch Himalayan Salt (or good quality salt of choice) (optional)
- Optional toppings of choice: Hazelnut, almonds, walnuts etc
- Melt Coconut Oil and/or Cacao Butter in saucepan over very low heat (I find placing in a bowl over hot water is best), or Thermomix (temp 50, speed 1) until just melted. If making with just coconut oil, it only needs to be softened, not melted completely. You don't want your oil/butter to be hot, just warmed enough to melt.
- Add Cacao powder, salt (optional) and Rice Malt Syrup / sweetener of choice. Mix until well combined.
- *If using the 'melted' chocolate for another recipe – now's the time to go and use it. 🙂
- Otherwise: Pour into chocolate moulds or mini cupcake baking cups ice cube trays also work well! You can also spread out over a baking sheet to make a chocolate 'bark'
- Optional extra: Top with your favourite toppings such as hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. Feel free to experiment! I've also been known to dollop some peanut butter in the middle too! YUM! :-p
- Place in the freezer immediately to set (don't delay with this). Once set, keep in an airtight container in either the fridge or freezer. ENJOY!