If you have no other sweet treat in your life, then these are it! SO easy to make, minimal ingredients, and so delicious. Be careful, you won’t be able to stop at one!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice
- Food Processor / Blender / Thermomix
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- microwave or stove top
- 1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips of choice OR Raw Homemade Chocolate (or you can make your own home made raw chocolate, my recipe here: http://completeper4mancecoaching.com.au/blog-post/raw-chocolate-recipe/)
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, chopped nuts etc
- Place oats into food processor/blender and grind for a few seconds. Don't grind too finely, you want course texture.
- All all ingredients except chocolate chips/chocolate into large bowl. Stir with a large spoon until combined
- Transfer the mixture into a lined baking tin, spread out and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for 15-20min to firm up
- If you are making your own raw chocolate, do that step now. (recipe here: http://completeper4mancecoaching.com.au/blog-post/raw-chocolate-recipe/
- Otherwise: Melt your chocolate chips in microwave with a little water over 30sec intervals, stir. Continue process until all melted (or melt on stove top if you prefer)
- Grab your baking tray out of the fridge, and pour chocolate mix over the peanut butter & oats mixture and spread evenly.
- If you want to add some optional topping do that now. Ones that work well are shredded coconut or chopped nuts of choice.
- Refrigerate again for approx an hour to allow the chocolate to set and the slice.
- Store in the fridge or frezer. Delicious when cold!