- ARE YOU FEELING A LITTLE TIRED?
- MAYBE FEELING A LITTLE OVERWHELMED?
- WORKING FROM HOME AND/OR HOME SCHOOLING GETTING YOU STRESSED?
- OR JUST FEELING A LITTLE ANXIOUS IN GENERAL ABOUT THE ‘WORLD’?
If so, then this is the time you should be looking at ‘giving back’ to your body rather than taking away from it. With my athletes, we have a suite of resources they can lean into that help them reconnect, re-balance and are soul filling in nature. In times of stress you need to be kind to yourself, to your body and your mind.
So if you feel like you need to add a little more of this to your week, if you are feeling any of these feels, then here are a few of my favourites things you can include anytime:
1. Down regulation/ post session flow The perfect way to start the day, finish a session, or relax in the evening
2. Yoga Strength Flow Focused on strong but controlled poses incorporating yoga practices
3. Simply enjoy an easy walk (or run if you must) in nature. Switch off, head out the door and breath it all out.
4. Jump on the MTB and hit the trails. No structure, Ride for the simple freedom!
5. Throw yourself in the ocean! Is there anything more energizing and refreshing than the cold depths of ocean?!
6. Take a magnesium salt bath. Even if you don’t feel you have time. Put the phone down and lay down. Soak it all up.
The list can be endless. But the key is slowing/calming down, rather than going harder, or faster, or longer… so take check on how YOU are doing, and ask yourself, what do I need today/this week? And be kind to yourself if you are going through a more challenging or stressful time.
Feel free to share any of your favourites so that others may also enjoy,.
Coach Sarah x