Roasted Beetroot Hommus
Next time you are roasting up some veggies, do yourself a favour and throw in a beetroot (or two!) as well. Once you have a roasted beetroot on hand, you then can't go past whipping up a batch of this delicious beetroot hummus. For as little as $2-3, this makes 500+g of the most delicious hommus that can be used as a dip, added to salads, wraps or as a side to any meal – a great way to bump up your veggie & nutritional intake.Beetroot are packed full of essential nutrients, and a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. So give this one a go next time you are in meal prep mode!
- To roast the beetrot simply wash, cut the ends off and slice into 8ths (like a pizza). Keep together and wrap in foil. (you can throw in whole, just takes longer to cook)
- Cook in preheated oven at ~180deg for around 40min. Check by inserting a knife, it's cooked once soft. Allow to cool before making hommus.
- To make the hommus, throw your feeled garlic in a blender or thermo, blitz and scrap down the bowl
- Add all the other ingredients. Blitz to consistency of your liking. If it's a little thick, add a little extra cold water
- Taste and adjust flavour to taste. Ie more cumin, lemon juice, salt…
- Transfer to a jar and add a lug of olive oil on top to keep it fresher for longer
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- If serving as a dip, transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, an extra sprinkle of cumin and a few chopped herbs